Orchid Party

We visited the National Orchid Garden today. If you like flowers and the British monarchy, come enjoy my pictures. If not, this is probably not the post for you. 



My children aren't really fans of either flowers or the monarchy, but we rode the MRT to get there, and I bought them fries for lunch and let them get a map of the garden and navigate, so they humored me. 



I also didn't object to their desire to sit on every bench along the way. Yes, every bench. Which means we were there for four hours. 



To be fair, it was 1.3km from the station to the orchid garden and then again to get back, so there was a good bit of walking, and it was hot. We also saw turtles and flying squirrels, so it wasn't only stuff I was interested in.

But the orchids were amazing. 




My favorite section featured orchid hybrids that had been specially created to honor the visits of political figures from around the world. I'd love to know how they decided which flowers might best suit each VIP, but each selection seemed to thoughtfully made. 

Doesn't this just look like Laura Bush's orchid?


Michelle Obama


Barack Obama

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Wills and Kate!)


Queen Elizabeth


Princess Diana


See? Perfect choices. 

It was a lovely morning adventure and now I have lots of pictures of flowers. 



Comments